Monday, January 10, 2011

Twitter for Teachers


I by no means consider myself a "veteran" teacher.  I don't know if I ever will either.  I hope that I continue to learn and grow each day I embark on this journey of education.  As such, a tool that I have come to use greatly is Twitter - and many of my colleagues are shocked by that.  Twitter is an incredible tool to find new websites, read blogs (like this one!) and get inspiration from other like-minded educators.  It is the platform that I am using to create a PLN (Personal Learning Network).  By doing so, I am discovering new things and finding wonderful resources.  WARNING: Information overload can (and will) occur.  Remember this Chinese proverb: "Listen to all, plucking a feather from each passing goose, but follow no one absolutely."  Find your own tweaks on ideas and make them your own. 

Some recommended people to follow

@teachertheresa (me)
@daveandcori
@wmchamberlain
@cybraryman1
@rmbyrne
@DEN
@cnnbrk (breaking news from CNN)

No comments:

Post a Comment