Friday, January 14, 2011

WebQuests for Guided Learning

WebQuests are not something new to education.  Many have been using them for quite some time.  I like to use them in library as a guided instruction in research.  I show my students the sites to use, but then branch out into teaching them how to use various search engines and how to identify reliable sources.  Under no circumstance can they use Wikipedia (except to find links to other sources).
A colleague told me about Zunal as useful tool.  Zunal has many pre-made webquests and allows you to create your own (first one is free, then you need a paid membership). 
However, you can accomplish the same thing by building your own website using a free website creating site such as Wix.  See the links below for ideas!



Zunal

My Wix Site


No comments:

Post a Comment